This recipe is perfect for two on a Saturday morning! I used the Pampered Chef Egg Cooker and it fit nicely in a bowl!
The recipe is adapted from this one on food.com.
Tomato, Basil & Mozzarella Quiche
- 1 pie crust
- Olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 3 Tablespoons milk
- one plum tomato
- 3/4 cup mozarella cheese, grated
- 4 fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat over to 350
- Light brush each egg cooker well with a little bit of olive oil (or spray with your kitchen spritzer)
- Roll out the pie crust and cut into circles so they will fit into the egg cooker wells.
- Place into the egg cooker wells and prick the crust with a fork a few time.
- Thinly slice tomatoes. I used the second setting on the Pampered Chef Simple Slicer.
- Lay 1-3 tomatoes evenly on the crust.
- Grate the mozzarella cheese and scatter half the cheese and chopped basil over the tomatoes. Repeat one more time for a second layer.
- Mix the eggs and milk together and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture carefully into each egg dish, leaving a little space for the mixture to rise slightly during baking.
- Bake in the over for 35-40 minutes or until the egg mixture is cooked and set.
- Let stand and allow to cool.
I found that my crust wasn’t as crispy as I would have liked it. I encourage you to watch it in the last 10 minutes of baking to make sure it bakes correctly.
If you are interested in any of the Pampered Chef Products, you can check out my page here.