Photo Caption: I forgot to include carrots in this picture because they were an afterthought.
We decided this week that we would not go to the grocery store or eat out. Jason did cheat yesterday and go to McDonalds, but that is okay. That means we have to eat what we have left over in the fridge and pantry. Challenge accepted.
As of this morning, we were down to celery and 5 red potatoes in the produce door. Combine that with a freezer of varies frozen vegetables and we may actually be able to do it. After some quick research, I found this Crockpot Corn Chowder and had somewhere to start. With a few modifications (I don’t have any onions or coriander), this recipe turned out delicious and filling and quick the impressive adventure if you ask me. Enjoy and feel free to modify it to what you have in your freezer/fridge pantry.
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup cream (I used heavy whipping cream I had left over from Fondue a month ago. score)
- 1 can (10 oz) Cream of Mushroom Soup (or any other Cream of Chicken/Celery would work)
- 5 small red potatoes, cubed
- 2-3 ribs of celery, sliced
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 cup diced carrots
- Kielbasa or other smoked meat, cut into thin slices ( I didn’t use the whole package and wish I did)
- 1 tsp salt, or to taste
- 1 tsp ground pepper, or to taste
- Dash of Parsley
- Dash of Cumin
- Dash of Onion Powder
- Dash of Garlic Powder
- Dash of Thyme
As you can see, the spices are really up to you and what you like. Don’t overdue it, since you can always add more at the end.
Put everything in the crockpot. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Test it and add additional spices as needed. ENJOY!
Sorry my picture doesn’t look very appetizing, I am not a photographer. This soup was delicious and I am excited to eat it for lunch tomorrow. 🙂